Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Morning Pages, At Home By the Fire


Dubai 2010

"Lord, make us instruments of your peace. Where there is hatred, let your love increase. Where there is injury, we will never judge. Where there is striving, we will speak your peace. Where there is sadness, we will bear their grief. We will be His instruments of peace."
From the "Intimate Worship" CD

I love the way this music swirls in my head, and I awaken to the prayer of being the instrument of God's peace. His peace, to rule over my heart and mind, has been my request for so many years. I love Him and am growing in the knowledge and certainty of His love for me.

I remember, years ago, accepting that Jesus died for my sins, that He was raised on the third day and is seated on the right hand of God the Father. He paid for my sins, for all of them, not even one is left for me to attempt to pay.

His love is new every morning . It has taken time for me to move, to breathe, to swim in the great pool of His love for me. Sanctification, maturity in Christ? Never fear, I know I have miles to go, but truly, my heart's desire, and fervent prayer for over twenty years now, is to be "conformed to the image of His Son," to know Jesus and be like Him. I do know, without doubt, that He is working all things for my good, and for His Glory.

I love Jesus today and also God my Father and His precious and dear Holy Spirit. His mercies are indeed new every morning. Draw us to Yourself, Lord Jesus, that we might walk in a manner worthy of you, pleasing You in all respects. Continue to make us instruments of Your peace.